Just when I was getting over the iPhone…Then I saw this.
If it’s true I gurantee you I will have an iPhone by C-Mas. I mean, how could you not want one?
Everyone Who’s Disappointed, I Have Good News!
I met with my buddy from Apple for Coffee today, I told him I loved the interface, and all the great subtle little features it has that makes it so easy to use. I then told him I really, wanted a File System Access so I could store files, download images from the web, and generally carry around data, not just load it up from iTunes..
He said Apple IS absolutely BUILDING this, and it will come in a software update no later than when Leopard ships in two months (there will be updates before this)
Here is what he said:
* There will be a build in file browser like the new finder in leopard for sorting through files
* There will be a disk mode
* The reason that there currently isn’t a file browser + way to save files from web is because there isn’t a file browser on the phone, and they wanted to release the same one that’s gonna be in the upcoming leopard OS, complete with coverflow.
* There will even be a special version of “iWork” so you can show your keynote presentations
* So anyway a FULL file browser is coming so you can browse just like windows mobile explorer only in the cool way leopard’s file browser is
* Full spotlight like search is coming too
* Widescreen keyboard support will be coming in every app, not just safari
* Copy & Paste, Select Text is coming too (clipboard)
* Also mail will see an upgrade so you can add accounts without doing so through itunes.
* Most of the delays in this is because iTunes is the App Windows & Mac users are familar with for iTunes, so Apple didn’t want to do a bad interface that had a file browser hacked into iTunes.
* When Leopard FINAL release comes out, plugging in the iPhone will pop open a special window in the finder that has areas for dragging all your files like a file explorer only more advanced and designed specifically for the iPhone, it will make sure that it works so iTunes knows how much space is for data, and how much is for “iTunes” stuff.
* Apple will be putting iChat on the phone, very, very soon, before Leopard.