My following strengths according to Strength Finders:
1. Futurist. (I hate this, hard to focus on the present when you are thinking about the future)
2. Activator. (Start things-always!!!)
3. Belief (Prophetic, passionate, not giving-in, for me its church planting and poverty)
4. Command (this is why people hate me-kidding of course
5. Input (I love to gather info, and develop a strategy based on the info)
For me, when I’m thinking about the future, dreaming of ways to move the church forward and serving the global poor, I feel as if I”m not working, but truly living out my calling. Therefore, I have a deep belief that causes me to research and gather data that will help my dream come alive. I also have a certain level of command, which if used wrong can be a negative, but its vital to have a leader move the dream forward, while also embracing a non-type-A-alpha-male-syndrome (my way or the highway type of leader): which is a weak excuse for leadership-leaders lead with humility, but they also are ruthless and focused. (think Jesus) We have to demand a lot from ourselves and our teams.
My problem, I hate details…I shutdown when I have to focus on details. I’m full of life when I network, vision-cast, collaborate, read, research, preach/speak, write etc! Right now, I’m doing my very best to focus on my strenghs so I can maximize my time and use all resources to bring glory to Jesus, plant more gospel-centered churches that focus on ending global extreme poverty among other things.
Life is already hard, don’t waste to much time doing things that you are not good at or never will be good at! God designed you with certain skills, passions and gifts, it’s our job to make sure we are stewarding them to our best ability!