I’m currently working at Expresso Vivace in downtown Seattle. This may be the best coffee in the world. So, yes, I’m happy and motivated! Latter tonight I take a red eye flight back home. I’m ready to see my family and get back to work.
Some thoughts on Seattle.
- The past few days I’ve been in Seattle hanging with Tre, Ken and Brenda. Life-long friends. It’s always good to reconnect with old friends, laugh, share stories and see how life changes for all of us!
- I really enjoyed speaking at Pathways Church yesterday. Love the FB messages I’m getting from the church.
- After church we headed to the Ballard Farmers Market. It reminded me that humans crave community and connection. We need each other and we want to be together.
- Last Friday I went to Portland for the day. Great city… And yes, I was able to enjoy some Stumptown coffee and Voodoo Donuts. Enough said.
- I love how creative I get when I get out of our normal rhythms and routines. We need to see different sites, sounds, cultures, etc!
- We desperately need to create more space to relax and enjoy life, friends and nature. We have to fight and protect our margins.
- I love leading H.E.L.P. We get to partner with so many amazing people and churches who “do church” to make a difference in the world.
- There is simply nothing better then returning home. Home is that place were life makes sense, people make you smile and memories are created daily.