On our trip to Haiti, a few weeks ago, we came up with this audacious vision that will make a huge impact in Haiti. This vision will require some major faith and a lot of generosity. We will be using Pure Charity’s technology to help fund the Legacy Project through cash donations. But that’s not all. Through Pure Charity you can GET BACK a portion of spending this holiday season. You can then use that to help FUND the project as well.
So, I wanted to introduce you to Pure Charity. My friend Mary DeMuth explains it much better than I could. See her words below:
It’s a winsome way to capitalize on capitalism, by leveraging what we already do & spend to bring more giving funds to those in need.
Before I launch into a long discourse about it, just watch this video. It pretty much says it all.
If you’d like to change the world with your giving, here’s how to start:
- Sign up for a Pure Charity account. If you’re on Facebook, you can sign in through that, or create an account the old fashioned way.
- Install the browser plugin. This will make it so a Pure Charity icon will pop up when you’re browsing particular stores online (like Target, Gap, even Groupon). If you purchase via the pop up, a percentage of your sales will feed into your charitable giving account. (You spend $, then make $, then give $).
- Register your main credit card with Pure Charity. This is the no brainer part of the process. Every time you use your credit or debit card at one of their participating merchants, you receive a percentage of your purchase into your giving account.
- Now, browse the projects (there are many) that you could potentially fund. To start funding, add your own funds to the account (via bank or debit/credit card).
- Support your favorite project. (You can change the amount you support…it starts with $5 increments…by clicking the dollar amount and changing it.) These are time specific projects with a set amount of $. If that project doesn’t fund by the finish date, Pure Charity refunds the money back into your giving account.
- Share it with friends! There’s a strong social connection to this, where you can share buttons and widgets with your friends and followers, to generate interest in a cause you’re passionate about.
That’s it! Pure Charity will be participating in Generous Tuesday (the Tuesday after Black Friday)–a time for you to rebel against crazy consumerism and make the world a better place through generosity.
I’ll be sharing more about Pure Charity in the days to come, particularly when I share our big, fat, surprise project we birthed in Haiti. Stay tuned.
See, I told you that Mary would explain much better than me. If you follow the steps above, you will start earning funds into your account. Once you do that, you can donate those funds (and cash donations) to the Legacy Project starting next week. In case you DID NOT hear, we’re launching the Legacy Project on Tuesday, Nov 6TH. We need you!